AALU TIKKI CHAT
Updated: Dec 26, 2020
Tasty Indian food recipe Aloo Tikki chat easy to make
Ingredients for Tikki:
• 3 Potatoes
• Green chilies
• Chat masala
• Black salt
• Cumin powder
• Salt to taste
To make chole:
· Soak 1 cup of chole overnight.
· Cook the soaked chole with a teabag, bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon, 2 green cardamoms in a
· In a Kadai add 2 tablespoons of oil, to this add 1 tsp of jeera after it crackles a little add onion
ginger and garlic paste and fry it till golden brown.
· Then add long sliced green chili, then add one tomato puree and mix well.
· Add salt, turmeric, chili powder, jeera powder, garam masala, chole masala.
· Now the mixture has to be cooked properly till it leaves oil.
· Stir and add the boiled chole and mix well with the masala.
· Use the water boiled with chole to make the gravy
For sweet chutney:
· Soak 1 inch ball of tamarind in ½ cup of hot water for 15 min.
· Take 2 tsp of oil in a saucepan.
· As the oil heats, add ½ tsp of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black caraway seeds and carom seeds
· To this, add the tamarind pulp, a pinch of chili powder, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon of jaggery.
· Let this mixture boil and ensure that all the jaggery is dissolved.
· Off the gas after 4 mins.
For Hari chutney
In a mixer jar, add a handful of coriander leaves, an equal amount of mint leaves, 1 garlic clove, 2 green chilies,
· 1tsp of salt and 2 tablespoons of curd and finely grind it.
How to make Tikki:
· Boil potatoes, mash them and add finely chopped green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, finely chopped onions, chat masala, black salt, jeera powder, and salt to taste.
· Make them into round balls and press them slowly to make tikka.
· Heat oil in a flat pan and fry those Aloo Tikki.
· Place two Tikki on a plate.
· Add the chole curry to it.
· Then add 2 tsp of curd, green chutney, sweet chutney, chopped onions, and some finely chopped coriander to garnish it.
· And serve